Writing & Community is a holistic and unique writing programme that serves the community while at the same time; harness the talents and creativity in the community. Writing & Community is one of the many strands of TheatreWorks Engagement work.
Simply put, Writing & Community:
- Is a process-based writing programme designed for the community
- Seeks out potential playwrights from within the community through the annual 24-Hour Playwriting Competition
- Invites theatre professionals to work on the winning scripts from the competition and develop scripts into full productions
- Provides pre-competition workshops / talks to harness potential creativity from the community
- Winning Playwrights are nurtured and developed
- These productions return to the community by the way of the annual Performance Tour with free performances at six venues in the community, primarily of the South East District
- The plays become the catalyst for the community to reflect and discuss important issues related to living in Singapore
Visit TheatreWorks website for more information.